This page is organized by topics/faqs in alphabetical order. If you want to add an item, please consider this.
Events: How to add a page/event to the calendar
It is simple:
- Add the Category Event to the article;
- Add the property HasDate to the article
as in the examples:
[[Category:Event]] [[HasDate::gg-mm-aaaa]] [[Category:Event]] [[HasDate::Feb 11 2000 10:00:01]] (complete date with time) [[Category:Event]] [[HasDate::Feb 11 2000]] (just date) [[Category:Event]] [[HasDate::2000]] (just year)
Page creation: Creating pages and subpages
- Create a link to the page by putting the name of the page between squared brackets [[ParentPage]]
- If you want to visualize an alternative text write it beside the page name e.g.: [[ParentPage| alternative text]]
- If the page is a child of another page e.g. [[ParentPage]], the child page name will be [[ParentPage/ChildPage]]
- In this way, the child page will automatically have a link to its parent page.
How to upload a picture
- Go to Upload file from the toolbox menu (on the left bottom)
- Choose the picture from your file system by clicking on "Browse"
- If your picture is greater than 150 KB, the system will warn you. We recommend to re-size the picture if it is greater than 350 KB and click "Re-upload", otherwise just click on "save file".
- Note the "destination name", you will need it for adding the picture into a page
- If you want change the destination name but keeping the file extension
- If you want, write a brief description in the summary field
- Click on "Upload file"
How to include a picture in the personal STLab page
- click on "edit with form"
- in the field "Picture" put the destination name of the picture (include the extension)
- the picture has to be uploaded before to the STLab web site
Private Spaces: How to handle stlab private spaces
See Private Spaces