Young Researcher (Ref. IKS-2009-01)
Open position for one young researcher in Semantic Technologies applied to Content Management Systems.
Research and development on Knowledge Engineering, with focus on software systems for semantic re-engineering of heterogeneous data and on adaptive interfaces based on semantic technologies. The position is supported by the EU FP7 project Interactive Knowledge Stack
The Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab), located in downtown Rome, is a research laboratory of the Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC) of the Italian National Research Council (CNR). The STLab is coordinated by Aldo Gangemi and makes research on semantic technologies and ontology engineering.
Requirements for applicants
We are looking for a candidate with a MSc. degree in computer science, databases, software engineering, or an equivalent degree. The degree must be compliant to that released by Italian Universities. The work involves both theory (methods and algorithms for re-engineering of heterogeneous data to semantic resources) and practice (implementation and evaluation of open source software components for semantic enabled content management systems).
- Good communication skills, in writing as well as oral, and good social skills such as team working ability.
- Experience of design and development of software based on web and semantic web technologies.
- Expertise on the following programming languages and technologies: "LAMP" (Linux Apache MySQL PHP), Java, Ajax, Eclipse.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
How to apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of courses (with grades) that you have followed
- Names and addresses of two referees
- Background in DataBase systems and their use for triple storage.